Monday, November 19, 2007

湯圓/甜品論 Glutinous rice balls /Desserts talk


I store bought these glutinous rice balls from a chinese market in ottawa and....well they ain't the best...

I was craving them like crazy ever since i had them in my friend's house.... since im sick and on a coughpmscoughcough mood .... I have to spoil myself! It was 15 for 2.49 or something like that. I never really look at the price I guess....or the cents i mean .... price heck ya i look at it.... lol .... anywho ..... It was too much of the outside, not enough of the inside.... so you knwo what ? We've decided that we will make our own... just found a great recipe...cant wait till I have time to try it!




Thanks to my roommate for buying this cake :D . I use to LOOOOVE this cake as a child. It had a very strong taste of vanilla cream and egg when I ate this in HK. I found recipe on how to make this and I always want to try but it look so hard rolling it up ...... Very scared failure i guess so I will hold this off for ..... a while :D Maybe till xmas so I can make a log or something out of this :p

Of course this is Ottawa and I tell ya nothing taste like HK's stuff. This had not much of a taste, its very good, not saying its bad, but not as strong and dont smell as good at the ones in HK.... DUH lol .. I expect way too much for a lot of my food i guess :p




Last but not least..... I am making some tarts :D A sneak peak on the progress dont u want that eh ....... um...... sure sure! haha It doesnt look the best right now.... and I really reallly slap myself for not learning from last time ....but then.... lol ok I will stop saying that.... I will try my best to fix the look..but I know it taste really really really good!

so..what does that look like to u ? :p

No comments: