Sunday, March 30, 2008
Mango mousse cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always wanted to make this since... forever ? I finally made up a recipe for this and im soooooo proud of myself lol
Ingredients : (yes i use a lot of store bought stuff cuz im lazy)
Make sure you have a deep pan because its at least 3 layers. It would help if you have two pan that are the same shape too.
-A pack of cake mix
- Eggs - Milk or water - Vegetable oil
-A pack of Robinson Mango Jello Mix
- Boiling Water
-A pack of Robinson Mango Pudding mix
- Half a cup of mango,slice in small pieces
-500mL of 35% whipping cream
1. Follow the instruction on cake mix with the amount of ingredients needed,bake it according to directions in pan 1. (tip:put wax paper at the bottom of the pan for a easy lifting of cake and clean up.
2. Follow the instruction for jello. Pour it at the bottom of pan 2. Refrigerate till solid.
3. Beat whipping cream until creamy. Scoop 1/3 for later use.
4. Follow the instruction for pudding, only add 1/3 of the amount of water they instruct you to.
5. Fold pudding mixture into whipping cream, and add slice mango
6. Spread whipping cream mixture onto solid jello , refrigerate until firm
7. cut a thin layer of the cake, lay it on top of the firm whipping cream mixture
8. Repeat step if trying to create multi-layer cake
9. Flip the pan over a plate and decorate with whipping cream, fruit.
10 (optional) for a nice wrinkly surface, scoop the jello off the pan instead of having it at the bottom of the pan and lay on top of the whipping cream mixture afterwards.